Wednesday 2 October 2013

Inspiration For Album Covers

square-600

I found this image from http://deroy.dropmark.com/82004 which is a website which is about simplistic and geometric shapes on album covers.
 I chose the idea of looking at geometric shapes from this Enter Shikari album cover as it is their symbol for their current album and I thought that it might be a good idea for me to do this as it is a recognisable trade mark for the specific album.

I typed into google 'Forests' and found this image, I chose this one because of the dark connotations behind the low lighting. I am planning on recreating this for my album cover by taking the image at sunset to hopefully get some backlighting with interesting colours.
 
I used the font / text alignment from this Bring Me The Horizon album cover as I felt that it would work well with the other aspects that I have got. I also like the transparancy of the text as it enables the background image to stand out more.
 
 
I am planning on recreating this album cover that I made on PhotoShop but with my own images which I plan to take tonight (02/10/13). I shall also work on the text font and which one I may use because I am uncertain about this one as it does not work as well as I had hoped it too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment