Friday 6 September 2013

Location


I emailed 'The Vault' which is a small venue in Rugby about using the location for my video and requested how much it would approximately cost. The Vault replied to say that due to the location being needed for my A Levels then they were willing to let me use it for free. Also, I responded to ask if I would be able to use their lighting and they were more than happy to let me use it. 
This therefore means that I can make my video to be mainly performance with only small bits of narrative if any. 
 
I wanted to film my video at the vault as I have been to the venue several times and the intimate qualities are exactly what I want for my video as it would mean that it will be easier for me to film and multiple members of the band will be in the shot, which will fill it up and make the overall shot look more energetic.
I feel like I must use the lighting at the venue as it will help to create the vibe of a performance video and it will also enable my video to conform even more to what is expected of a performance video within my genre. It also helps to create the 'live performance' atmosphere which is a feature that I myself like a lot and I think that it will aid me a lot to have that feature within my video.

1 comment:

  1. Add detail explaining why you wanted to film your video at the vault. The examiner needs to see that you have learnt from your research and planned accordingly. They'll want you to demonstrate why you feel you must use their lighting etc

    ReplyDelete