Friday 15 November 2013

Inspiration for Digipak and Poster.


This video is an example of what has been done previously which is similar to my poster and digipak. The use of the single line drawings make the video stand out to an extent. It also highlights the video as it is wire framed, so that it looks quirky, retro and different.
Due to these albums (H.I.M and Architects) having plain backgrounds and line logos onthem, they influenced me into what I would use for my digipak as they are all from the same genre of music and they have all been well recieved. The logos are seen as a symbol of their music and are linked in with the music that they perform, this is the same in my digipak as I used the cross to link in with the name of the album "There is a hell" aswell as the buildings/shapes coming up from the bottom of the digipak and poster, this connotes hell and everything that might be coming up from it.These three albums focus on a main image in the middle which are quite simple but still really effective due to the plain background and mainly plain colouring of the cover.
Overall, all of these contributed to my ideas as I really liked the idea of just something really plain, yet it is easy to see that it has been made for a metal band. I am glad that I chose the plain style as it is easily identifiable that it is a metal album and a lot of the target audience will like it. As I am technically a part of the target audience I would say that if I saw a band with that album cover on I would definitely know that it came from this genre and that I wouldn't have a problem with it, and the artwork would probably encourage me slightly to buy the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment