Thursday 14 November 2013

Video Planning. Band, Storyboarding, etc.

After realising how unreliable my first band was, I contacted In Her Dying Memory (video below) to see if they would be intersted in filming for me. I was able to do this because I work for Mutiny Press (An online magazine) and I have interviewed bands such as Bowling For Soup, HIM, The Blackout and Chiodos, so fortunately I am in the position of being able to contact PR companies after I have previously worked with them. However, I would have to change the song as it would be better if they were performing their own song as they would be more comfortable and the outcome would be much better.



I then got a contact for a Metal band called Blessthefall (video below) and requested if I could film them for my media and do some back stage footage, aswell as filming them when they are on stage. They accepted. This shall mean that I will have a legit band, playing their own song, on stage whilst performing.



I shall have to be cautious when doing back stage footage of the band as some bands find it difficult to produce the right material such as Kings of Leon. They filmed the shots personally but they were useless and boring so all back stage shots in the video below are staged.


I am going to have to take this into consideration when filming that I might have to ask the band to do certain things for my video that they may not have done when filming previously.

However, a problem that may occur is that I will only be able to film the song once so I am going to have several cameras filming and film the whole of the set so that I can use the extra footage and fit it into the song that is playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment